Detroit patients ask, "What is full mouth reconstruction?
By Dr. Richard Bernstein
Thankfully, with today's dental technologies and advances, minor imperfections to major dental conditions can be addressed effectively. From simple cosmetic enhancements to full mouth reconstruction, we can help our patients to achieve the smile that they have always desired.
Our professional team at Richard S. Bernstein, DDS, serving the greater Detroit area, as well as Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield, and Walled Lake, offer a complete range of family, cosmetic, and reconstructive dentistry. Full mouth reconstruction can include any number of treatments, such as:
- Dental crowns - also called a "cap", a dental crown is a natural-looking prosthetic that covers the visible portion of the tooth and has a variety of uses, including:
- Cover and protect a tooth which has been damaged or has extensive decay
- Restore teeth that are worn or broken
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Cover an unattractive or misshapen tooth
- Top off a dental implant
- Bridges - as suggested by the name, a dental bridge is an artificial tooth or teeth that span the gap created by missing teeth
- Dental implant - considered the premier treatment for missing teeth, dental implants replace the visible portion of the tooth as well as the root, strengthening the bone of the jaw and supporting surrounding healthy teeth. They are sturdy, permanent replacements that function just like original teeth
- Composite bonding - a resin or plastic material is bonded onto a tooth or teeth, repairing cracks, discoloration, gaps, or misshapen teeth
- Tooth colored fillings - an alternative or replacement of the visible, conventional silver amalgam filling
- Full or partial dentures
- Porcelain veneers - thin strips of porcelain that cover the front portion of the teeth and which may be designed to create the appearance of straighter, whiter, and more even teeth
Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S
Connect with Dr. Richard Bernstein on Linkedin
With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Bernstein is a renowned cosmetic dentist and is passionate about providing the best for his patients, making him a respected pillar of trust amongst his community. He possesses a Masters in Biochemistry - WSU School of Medicine, and a Doctorate in Dental Surgery - University of Detroit.He is presently a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, and a Diplomate in the American Board of Aesthetic Dentistry (ABAD) to name a few.
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Home Page