Cosmetic Dentistry at Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S, Farmington Hills
Richard Bernstein, DDS, has a philosophy that all dentistry performed should look natural and aesthetic. Teeth should look like teeth – not fillings or crowns. Whether you come in for a simple filling, a full mouth reconstruction, or anything in between, you won’t walk out looking like you’ve had dental work. Instead, you will walk out with a beautiful, natural looking smile! Options for aesthetic enhancement include:
- Smile design – Dr. Bernstein is an expert in smile design, and has lectured about the importance of symmetry, and the proper proportions of the teeth in relation to the lips and overall smile.
- Smile makeover – A single procedure, or combination of several, may be used to correct whatever you dislike about your smile.
- Full mouth reconstruction – This is usually accomplished in a variety of ways, utilizing porcelain crowns, dental implants, and porcelain veneers, reestablishing the youthful look and feel of natural teeth.
- Porcelain veneers – These thin shells of porcelain are used for recreating the natural appearance of your teeth. They also strengthen teeth and add resilience, very similar to natural enamel. This is usually the premier choice for changing size, color, and/or shape, as well as making slight alterations in position.
- Dental crowns – Teeth that are weak, damaged, or not viable candidates for veneers can be restored and protected with crowns.
- Dental bridges – One or more missing teeth in a row can be replaced with a bridge, affixed to existing teeth.
- Orthodontics – Straight teeth, and bite alignment can be achieved with inconspicuous, clear aligners.
- Dentures – All of the missing teeth in an arch can be replaced with a natural looking denture.
- Implants – This permanent solution to missing teeth provides full functionality and cosmetic restoration while protecting the jawbone.
- Tooth colored fillings – Historically, amalgam or a mixture of various metals was used for filling teeth. This is changing in today's dentistry, as metal free, natural looking filling materials are becoming the preferred option.
- Composite bonding – This is a quick technique which is used for improving the appearance of teeth. This term refers to any composite material (resin or plastic, with filler for enhancing the stability and strength) that is bonded to your tooth. It is ideal for treating cracked or chipped teeth, covering a discolored tooth surface, or reducing gaps between your teeth. Composite bonding creates a more aesthetically pleasing, and vibrant smile. Little, if any, natural tooth material needs to be removed. Bonded teeth, like natural teeth, should be brushed and flossed daily. Tea, coffee, and tobacco can all stain composite bonds. They may need to be retouched or replaced every five to ten years.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening is the most conservative and most requested procedure done around the world. We offer several options for brightening your teeth. A whiter smile can give you a more youthful, healthy, happy appearance. This is one of the most popular and most economical ways of enhancing your smile.
Before & After Treatment Images
With the highly sought-after expertise of Dr. Bernstein, your dazzling smile will make you shine in the spotlight. He has been creating dazzling smiles for over 25 years, and believes all dentistry should be done aesthetically. His goal is to create fabulous smiles that look very natural.
Call us today and find out why Dr. Bernstein’s patients just can’t quit smiling!
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY ABOUT US
Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S
Connect with Dr. Richard Bernstein on Linkedin
With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Bernstein is a renowned cosmetic dentist and is passionate about providing the best for his patients, making him a respected pillar of trust amongst his community. He possesses a Masters in Biochemistry - WSU School of Medicine, and a Doctorate in Dental Surgery - University of Detroit.He is presently a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, and a Diplomate in the American Board of Aesthetic Dentistry (ABAD) to name a few.