Farmington Hills dentist provides senior dental treatments
By Dr. Richard Bernstein
As patients enter their senior years, certain oral health issues can arise, such as:
- Dry mouth – a result of decreased saliva, dry mouth may be caused by many prescription medications, illnesses or diseases, or radiation treatments
- Tooth decay – as gums recede, the root of the tooth is exposed to acids that can damage the tooth
- Gum disease – there are many links between gum disease and other health conditions including diabetes, heart disease, cancer, anemia, stroke, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Tooth loss – gum disease is the number one cause of tooth loss
- Discoloration – as the outer layer of enamel wears and thins over time, the darker, yellowish dentin underneath becomes more visible, leading to a duller, stained appearance
- Uneven jawbone – often caused by tooth loss and the subsequent shifting of teeth into the open spaces
- Stomatitis – inflammation caused by poorly fitted dentures
Our practice provides a comprehensive menu of cosmetic and restorative dental treatments to keep our older patients' smiles looking young, healthy, and vibrant. Treatments such as dental crowns, bridges, implants, porcelain veneers, and tooth whitening can take years off of your smile and boost your confidence and self-esteem.
For your family's optimal oral health at any age, contact our friendly, professional dental team at Richard S. Bernstein, DDS today. Appointments and consultations may be requested online or by calling 248.636.2100. Our practice is located in Farmington Hills, at 31158 Haggerty Road.
Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S
Connect with Dr. Richard Bernstein on Linkedin
With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Bernstein is a renowned cosmetic dentist and is passionate about providing the best for his patients, making him a respected pillar of trust amongst his community. He possesses a Masters in Biochemistry - WSU School of Medicine, and a Doctorate in Dental Surgery - University of Detroit.He is presently a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, and a Diplomate in the American Board of Aesthetic Dentistry (ABAD) to name a few.
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Home Page