Learn about the cost and benefits of dental implants as a tooth replacement option
By Dr. Richard Bernstein
Many patients in the Farmington Hills, MI area who are looking for tooth replacement options are pleased to find they have several solutions available to them. Dr. Richard S. Bernstein offers a wide range of solutions with varying costs. Patients who hear of dental implants are intrigued to find out that they have many benefits. In fact, when Dr. Richard S. Bernstein lost one of his own teeth, he chose the benefits of dental implants himself!
What is a dental implant?A dental implant is a titanium post that is put in place into the bone of the jaw. This offers a solid foundation for the restoration. The implant has an abutment on the top of the implant itself where a dentist can place a dental crown, a dental bridge, or a full denture. Dental implants are a versatile choice, offering the following benefits:
- Longevity – dental implants last a lifetime with proper care
- Appearance – when restored with porcelain restorations, dental implants look completely natural within the smile
- Functionality – because dental implants derive their strength and stability through the bone of the jaw, they are incredibly durable and function as a natural tooth
- Stability – when a dental implant is placed, it stimulates bone growth of the jaw, offering the best in stability and strength
- Cost – while dental implants cost more than dentures and dental bridges, they are also the longest-lasting, making them an economical solution over time
- Versatility – dental implants can hold crowns, bridges, or dentures, depending on a patient’s unique needs
We’re Here to Help You
Who is a candidate for a dental implant?Many patients love the idea of using a dental implant to replace one or more teeth. However, dental implants are not for everyone. A patient considering a dental implant needs to have healthy bone of the jaw to allow the implant surgery to be a success. Without enough bone, the implant will not have the proper foundation. It can cause the surgery to be unsuccessful. Patients who are serious about placing a dental implant but don’t have enough bone for placement can ask Dr. Richard S. Bernstein about preparing the area using bone grafting.
How long does a dental implant take to place?
The placement happens during an oral surgery at Dr. Richard S. Bernstein’s practice. However, the entire process from start to finish can take several weeks. Some patients need bone grafting to prepare the area. Then, the placement of the dental implant helps in stimulating osseointegration required to hold the implant firmly in place. Once osseointegration has occurred, the dental implant can be restored with the restoration chosen by the patient and dentist. With proper care, patients can maintain their dental implants for life!
Request an appointment todayDr. Richard S. Bernstein invites Farmington Hills, MI area patients to learn more about the cost and benefits of dental implants and determine if they are the best tooth replacement solution for their unique needs. Call the office today by calling 248.636.2100 and visiting at 31158 Haggerty Road.
Back to Dental Implants Page