Learn about the cost and benefits of dental implants as a tooth replacement option
What is a dental implant?A dental implant is a titanium post that is put in place into the bone of the jaw. This offers a solid foundation for the restoration. The implant has an abutment on the top of the implant itself where a dentist can place a dental crown, a dental bridge, or a full denture. Dental implants are a versatile choice, offering the following benefits:
- Longevity – dental implants last a lifetime with proper care
- Appearance – when restored with porcelain restorations, dental implants look completely natural within the smile
- Functionality – because dental implants derive their strength and stability through the bone of the jaw, they are incredibly durable and function as a natural tooth
- Stability – when a dental implant is placed, it stimulates bone growth of the jaw, offering the best in stability and strength
- Cost – while dental implants cost more than dentures and dental bridges, they are also the longest-lasting, making them an economical solution over time
- Versatility – dental implants can hold crowns, bridges, or dentures, depending on a patient’s unique needs
Who is a candidate for a dental implant?Many patients love the idea of using a dental implant to replace one or more teeth. However, dental implants are not for everyone. A patient considering a dental implant needs to have healthy bone of the jaw to allow the implant surgery to be a success. Without enough bone, the implant will not have the proper foundation. It can cause the surgery to be unsuccessful. Patients who are serious about placing a dental implant but don’t have enough bone for placement can ask Dr. Richard S. Bernstein about preparing the area using bone grafting.
How long does a dental implant take to place?
Request an appointment todayDr. Richard S. Bernstein invites Farmington Hills, MI area patients to learn more about the cost and benefits of dental implants and determine if they are the best tooth replacement solution for their unique needs. Call the office today by calling 248.636.2100 and visiting at 31158 Haggerty Road.
Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S
Connect with Dr. Richard Bernstein on Linkedin
With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Bernstein is a renowned cosmetic dentist and is passionate about providing the best for his patients, making him a respected pillar of trust amongst his community. He possesses a Masters in Biochemistry - WSU School of Medicine, and a Doctorate in Dental Surgery - University of Detroit.He is presently a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, and a Diplomate in the American Board of Aesthetic Dentistry (ABAD) to name a few.
Back to Dental Implants Page