West Bloomfield, MI area dentist explains the benefits of replacing missing teeth with dental implants
By Dr. Richard Bernstein
Dental implants are a popular method of replacing one or more teeth in the smile. They are wonderful alternatives to dentures and dental bridges. Dental implants have a number of advantages when it comes to replacing missing teeth. Here are some of the benefits of placing these restorations rather than bridges and dentures:
- Dental implants do not use the existing teeth for support, allowing the force of biting and chewing to be applied to the jawbone in the same way as natural teeth
- Dental implants can reduce bone resorption
- Dental implants keep the existing teeth from shifting out of place
- Dental implants can stabilize loose-fitting dentures and allow patients to enjoy their favorite foods without hesitation
- Dental implants can last a lifetime—much longer than conventional methods of restoring the smile
- Dental implants allow patients to maintain their facial structure and avoid the "sunken in" appearance often experienced by denture wearers
- Dental implants hold their value and integrity over the years
If you are considering having one or more implants placed in the near future, it is important that you speak to a quality dental professional to determine if they are the best method. Contact Richard S. Bernstein, DDS today to schedule your consultation appointment.
Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S
Connect with Dr. Richard Bernstein on Linkedin
With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Bernstein is a renowned cosmetic dentist and is passionate about providing the best for his patients, making him a respected pillar of trust amongst his community. He possesses a Masters in Biochemistry - WSU School of Medicine, and a Doctorate in Dental Surgery - University of Detroit.He is presently a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, and a Diplomate in the American Board of Aesthetic Dentistry (ABAD) to name a few.
Back to Dental Implants Home Page