Dentures at Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S, Farmington Hills
Missing or badly decayed teeth can destroy your smile, make clear speech difficult, and prevent you from being able to eat your favorite foods. The most common solution is a denture. This is a dental prosthetic (false teeth), which replaces all of the teeth in an arch. Richard Bernstein, DDS, provides several options.
Types of dentures include
- Full denture - A denture plate is a removable, one-piece unit. An upper denture covers the roof of the mouth, and front of the gums. A lower denture is a u-shaped appliance, covering the gums while leaving room for tongue movement.
- Immediate dentures - Full dentures can be placed the same day that teeth are extracted. They will need relining in about six weeks.
- Traditional dentures - Allowing the gums to heal after extraction provides a better fit; however, you will have to wait several weeks (without teeth) between the extractions, and receiving your dentures.
- Implant-supported denture - This specially designed full denture is supported by dental implants. There are ball or bar shaped abutments topping the implants, which dentures snap over for a secure fit. Implant supported dentures can be a life-changer. No more embarrassment by dentures flying out of the mouth when talking, or at inappropriate times. There are no sores. You can eat all of your favorite foods without having to worry. Improving chewing efficiency improves overall health.
- Partial denture - Dr. Bernstein prefers not to extract any tooth that can be saved. When many, but not all, teeth are missing or severely damaged, a partial denture may be recommended. Like a full denture, this is a one-piece, removable unit.
- Fixed partial - Also called a dental bridge, this appliance replaces several teeth in a row. It is affixed to existing (crowned) natural teeth, or dental implants.
No matter what your preference is, we have the ideal option. Call or email today, and find out how Dr. Bernstein can replace those gaps with a smile you'll love!
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY ABOUT US
Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S
Connect with Dr. Richard Bernstein on Linkedin
With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Bernstein is a renowned cosmetic dentist and is passionate about providing the best for his patients, making him a respected pillar of trust amongst his community. He possesses a Masters in Biochemistry - WSU School of Medicine, and a Doctorate in Dental Surgery - University of Detroit.He is presently a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, and a Diplomate in the American Board of Aesthetic Dentistry (ABAD) to name a few.