Family dental care office shares ten ways to keep your family smiling with healthy teeth and gums
Here is a list of ways to help maintain good oral health.
- Brush properly – Take the time to thoroughly clean all surfaces of the teeth and the tongue. You should be brushing at least twice each day.
- Floss regularly – Flossing is important because it removes food particles that cannot be reached by the tooth brush.
- Avoid biting/chewing on hard objects – This minimizes the risks of cracking the teeth. Teeth should be used just for eating food.
- Limit eating acidic foods – Things like acidic fruits, sodas, etc. can eat away at tooth enamel.
- Maintain regular dental visits – We recommend visiting the dentist every six months for an exam so we can identify problems early.
- Get your teeth professionally cleaned – The cleaning from a hygienist will remove plaque buildup and minimize risk of decay.
- Don’t delay treatment – Dental problems often get much worse when treatment is delayed and cause more extensive (and expensive!) damage.
- Quit Smoking – Smoking is not good for the teeth or the rest of the body. If you need help with resources, please ask us.
- Avoid dark colored foods and beverages – Coffee, red wine, pasta sauce, and tea can all leave staining on your teeth.
- Consume a healthy diet – Eat a balanced diet with whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and low-fat dairy.
Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S
Connect with Dr. Richard Bernstein on Linkedin
With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Bernstein is a renowned cosmetic dentist and is passionate about providing the best for his patients, making him a respected pillar of trust amongst his community. He possesses a Masters in Biochemistry - WSU School of Medicine, and a Doctorate in Dental Surgery - University of Detroit.He is presently a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, and a Diplomate in the American Board of Aesthetic Dentistry (ABAD) to name a few.
Back to Family Dentistry Home Page