Learn about smile makeover and restoration services with a cosmetic dentist in Farmington Hills, MI
By Dr. Richard Bernstein
Understanding smile makeover services available from Dr. Richard Bernstein
When patients approach their cosmetic dentist with an interest in improving the aesthetics of their smiles, they are often told about the smile makeover process. This is a combination of services offered by a cosmetic dentist to enhance the smile. Procedures can be used to replace teeth, repair teeth, or even realign the teeth for a smile that looks beautiful and functions correctly. Below are a few options for patients in the Farmington Hills, MI area to consider for enhancing their appearance.
The smile makeover procedure may include one or more of the following services:
- Porcelain veneers – veneers are used often in cosmetic dentistry to address imperfections of the teeth near the front of the smile, known as the anterior teeth. Porcelain veneers are made of ceramic to match the appearance of natural tooth enamel. They are custom-made for patients based on the size, shape, and color of their existing teeth. This ensures seamless enhancement.
- Dental bridges – a dentist may use a dental bridge when a patient is missing one or more teeth in a row. The bridge is a single restoration that includes false teeth and dental crowns on each side for placement. The adjacent teeth are used to anchor the dental bridge in place. This is a more permanent option than a partial denture but a less expensive alternative to a dental implant.
- Dental crowns – crowns are restorations sometimes known as “caps,” They can repair a natural tooth that has been damaged, either from trauma or a large cavity or infection. They cover the entire tooth to offer a layer of protection against further damage. The crown is created with porcelain as well, to ensure a natural appearance.
- Dental implants – a single missing tooth can be replaced using a dental implant. Additionally, implants can be used for placing dental bridges and full dentures. Determining if dental implants are appropriate for the patient requires an examination and dental x-rays to ensure there is enough jawbone to place them successfully. Patients who are not candidates may consider the advantages of preparing the area with bone grafting if needed.
- Teeth whitening – while drugstores often have a wide range of teeth whitening products such as trays, pens, strips, and toothpaste for brightening the smile, many of these offer minimal results if any. Instead, Dr. Richard Bernstein proudly offers professional-grade whitening solutions that can brighten the smile more reliably. Professional teeth whitening uses a higher concentration of bleaching gel to achieve more dramatic results.
- Dentures – replacing missing teeth can be achieved with dentures. There are two varieties of dentures that are available, including partial dentures and full dentures. Full dentures are best for replacing all the teeth in the smile, and some patients choose to keep them firmly in place with dental implants. These implant-retained dentures provide more confidence and stability than dental adhesives. Many patients love the feel and function of implant-retained dentures and enjoy the ability to eat their favorite foods without worry.
- Invisalign – for some patients, misalignment of the teeth is impacting the smile. With Invisalign, patients can not only align the teeth but do so in a discreet manner. Invisalign is a variety of orthodontic treatments that can move teeth using clear plastic aligner trays custom-made for the patient. Invisalign orthodontics is a popular choice for patients of all ages interested in aligning their smiles for cosmetic and functional purposes.
- Composite resin bonding – composite resin bonding is a material with many uses in dentistry. It can be used as an alternative to porcelain veneers, and it can also fill cavities. Patients love the ability to repair the smile with an aesthetic material that is safe, reliable, and affordable.
We’re Here to Help You
Schedule a visit with Dr. Richard Bernstein today!
Patients in the Farmington Hills, MI area who are interested in achieving a beautiful smile they are excited to share with others are welcome to connect with Dr. Richard Bernstein. Call 248.636.2100 today to request an appointment at 31158 Haggerty Road.
Back to Smile Makeover Page