Smile Makeover at Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S, Farmington Hills
Transforming Your SmileYour new smile is all about you! A smile makeover begins with a consultation to learn about your goals. Dr. Bernstein likes to ask patients, “If you had a magic wand, what would you change about your smile?” He will discuss your perceptions of cosmetic dentistry. If your expectations are unrealistic, he will not promise the impossible – instead, he will clearly explain what is possible, to ensure that you are not disappointed with the results.
A clinical examination is needed to determine the condition, size, and shape of your teeth. This may include x-rays, photos, and impressions. Problems such as periodontal (gum) disease and tooth decay must be treated first. This is the foundation of a great and long-lasting smile.
After your initial appointment, Dr. Bernstein will analyze the information, and discover what potential your smile has. In following appointments, he will explain your options and help you choose your smile.
Designing Your SmileThe overall beauty of your smile is a result of more than beautiful teeth. The principles of smile design include;
- Symmetry – The more symmetrical your smile is, the more appealing it is. Although no one’s face is perfectly symmetrical, those who are perceived as beautiful have features that are more symmetrical.
- Proportions – To achieve the most symmetrical smile possible, the proportions of the teeth, in relation to the lips and overall smile, need to be a certain way. Dr. Bernstein uses guidelines, which have been established in natures, called "goal of proportions."
- Distinctiveness – Tools such as color guides, shape guides, smile catalogs, and diagnostic wax-ups (a prototype of your ideal smile) are used to ensure your smile is customized to your specifications. Designing smiles that radiate natural beauty is Dr. Bernstein’s forte. He has given lectures on his methods, and the importance of achieving the most beautiful natural looking result possible.
Before & After Treatment Images
Reconstructing Your SmileFull mouth reconstruction is for patients who have many worn or damaged teeth - every single tooth is treated. Although every case is unique, the process usually includes;
- Design – Your smile is planned before treatment begins.
- Urgent care – Problems such as infection, abscesses, cavities, and gum disease are treated first.
- Restoration – Porcelain crowns are often used to add height to teeth that are worn, or shortened by decay or bruxism (teeth grinding).
- Replacement – Missing or extracted teeth can be replaced with dental implants, which look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
If you have been hiding your smile, come to Richard Bernstein, DDS. You won’t look like you’ve been to a cosmetic dentist – you will look like nature blessed you with a flawless, dazzling smile!
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY ABOUT US
Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S
Connect with Dr. Richard Bernstein on Linkedin
With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Bernstein is a renowned cosmetic dentist and is passionate about providing the best for his patients, making him a respected pillar of trust amongst his community. He possesses a Masters in Biochemistry - WSU School of Medicine, and a Doctorate in Dental Surgery - University of Detroit.He is presently a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, and a Diplomate in the American Board of Aesthetic Dentistry (ABAD) to name a few.